Quantum Field Theory and
Jan 6, 2008 — Jan 15, 2008
Postech (Pohang, Korea)
- Functional determinants and effective actions
- Gap equations in Gross-Neveu/NJL models
- Casimir energy and forces
- Finite temperature quantum field theory
- Gravitational processes and curved space quantum field theory
|9:00 ||E.Weinberg ||Vacuum tunneling in de Sitter space|
|10:30 ||Jin Hur ||Effective Action for Radial Backgrounds|
|4:00 ||K.Lee ||Janus Field Theory |
|9:00 ||S.Kuzenko ||Harmonic supergraphs and their application(1)|
|10:30 ||M.Thies ||Recent progress on the phase diagram of Gross-Neveu? models|
|4:00 ||C.Schubert ||Present status of the worldline formalism in flat and curved space|
|9:00 ||A.Wipf ||Spectral sums for the Dirac operator and Polyakov loops|
|10:30 ||G.Dunne ||Inhomogeneous gap equations|
|4:00 ||B.Lee ||Tunneling in gravitational theories|
|Jan 10 |
|9:00 ||J.Feinberg ||Calogero models and random matrix theory|
|10:30 ||A.Das ||Thermal operator representation for finite temperature Feynman graphs|
|4:00 ||K.Kirsten ||Zeta functions everywhere|
|9:00 ||M.Fry ||Mass zeros in the effective action of QED4|
|10:30 ||C.Schubert ||Present status of the worldline formalism in flat and curved space(2)|
|3:00 ||Y.Kim ||BPS limit in a theory without supersymmetry and moduli space dynamics of D(F)-strings|
|4:00 ||C.Rim ||Casimir energy in kappa-Minkowski spacetime |
|9:00 ||H.Min ||False vacuum decay:Numerical and analytical results|
|10:30 ||S.Kuzenko ||Harmonic supergraphs and their application(2)|
|3:00 ||K.Kim ||Dyonic instanton solution|
|4:00 ||C.Kim ||TBA|
How to get to Postech
- Flights to Pohang leave from Seoul's main domestic airport, Gimpo/Kimpo http://gimpo.airport.co.kr/eng/index.jsp, but international flights arrive and depart from Incheon International Airport http://www.airport.or.kr/eng/airport/. The flight from Seoul to Pohang takes about one hour.
- For those people transferring directly from an international flight arriving at Seoul's Incheon International airport: transfer to Gimpo/Kimpo Airport by airport-bus. It takes about 30-40 minutes, costs ￦6,000 (currently approx $US 6), and buses leave at 10-20 minute intervals from Incheon. For domestic flights, the airlines collect ￦4,000 from international ticket holders for the Airport Fee. So, it is better for you to change foreign currency at Incheon International Airport before taking the shuttle bus to the domestic terminal at Gimpo Airport.
- Information on buses can be found at the Transportation Information Counter (near exits 2, 4, 9, and 13) on the arrival floor (1st floor) of passenger terminal. The shuttle bus leaves from exits 3A and 13B or 9B:
How to get to Downtown Seoul (Metro Hotel)
- Take a bus (KAL-Limousine) at the point 4B, 11A
- Drop at the second stop (Seoul Lotte Hotel) after almost 1 hour and 40 minitues driving: First stop is the Plaza hotel in front of City Hall and the second stop is just after the corner. Seoul Lotte Hotel is a landmark that anyone will be able to guide you to if you get lost somehow.
- Go down to the subway station (Eljiro 1-ga) and get out through upstairs (Number 5/6 ). The Metro hotel is behind the building Kepco (Korean Electric Power Corporation).
- Map for the Metro Hotel (written in Korean but spots of the two hotels(Lotte and Metro) are marked in English: img/wiki_up/map.png
From Hotel to Gimpo Airport
- The best way is the subway. Take green line(Number2) in the nearest station(Euljiro 1-ga) in the direction of City Hall.
- Drop the train on the second stop (Chungjeongno) and change the train on the line 5 (purple) in the direction to Gimpo Airport. 19th stop is the Airport.(you are moving from 531 to 512)
- If this looks complicate just grap a taxi from the hotel.
- Gerald Dunne (University of Connecticut)
- Choonkyu Lee (Seoul National University)
- Kimyeong Lee (KIAS)
- Hyunsoo Min (University of Seoul)
- A. Das (Rochester)
- G. Dunne (UConn)
- J. Feinberg (Technion/Haifa)
- M. Fry (Trinity College)
- Jin Hur (KIAS)
- K. Kirsten (Baylor)
- S. Kuzenko (UWA, Perth)
- Bumhoon Lee (Sogang)
- Choonkyu Lee (SNU)
- Kimyeong Lee (KIAS)
- Chanju Kim (Ehwa)
- Kyung Kieu Kim (KIAS)
- Yoonbai Kim (Sung Kyun Kwan)
- Hyunsoo Min (Seoul)
- Chaiho Rim (Chonbuk)
- C. Schubert (Michoacan)
- M. Thies (Erlangen)
- E. Weinberg (Columbia)
- A. Wipf (Jena)
- Sangmo Chon (SNU)
- Minyoung Choi (SNU)
- This workshop brings together theoretical and mathematical physicists working in mathematical aspects of quantum field theory. The format is designed to encourage close interaction, collaboration and discussion, with informal talks on current open problems and research projects.
- Please register to show your interest in participating in this workshop. Click on "register", immediately below the login box in the top left corner of the main page.
Sponsor : APCTP and CQUeST
- Focus Program of the APCTP (Asia-Pacific Centre for Theoretical Physics) supports this workshop
- Focus Programs are modeled on the programs at the Newton Institute in Cambridge (UK). The purpose is to build and foster worldwide small and medium size research groups.
- CQUEST also supports this workshop.
Created by: admin last modification: Wednesday 26 of December, 2007 [02:28:45 UTC] by admin